What would it be like to live on the moon? The 2018/2019 FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. season will transport you to a place where you make the rules, learn to thrive and explore all that is around you. Discovery awaits when you join this MISSION MOONSM.
FIRST® LEGO® League Jr
FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. captures young children’s inherent curiosity and directs it toward discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concept to be explored through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult Coaches, teams use LEGO®bricks to build a model that moves and develop a Show-Me Poster to illustrate their journey.
Children ages 6 to 9 get to:
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO® WeDo 2.0.
- Create a Show-Me poster and practice presentation skills.
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists.
- Discover real-world math and science.
- Begin developing teamwork skills.
- Choose to participate in events and celebrations.
- Engage in team activities guided by FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Core Values.
The culmination of the hard work for many teams is the participation in an expo event (please refer to event schedule. Volunteer Reviewers at the event interview the teams to learn about their LEGO® Model and Show Me poster. All the teams are celebrated and leave with an award. While participation in an event is not a requirement, we encourage teams to attend one. Teams can also show off their work on the FIRST® LEGO® League Junior Online Showcase.
Participate in Mission Moon℠
HOW IT WORKS
- Schools may enter unlimited teams.
- Each team must purchase an Inspire Kit ($50 per team per kit including shipping – this does not include the WeDo robot). There is a new season & new Inspire Kit released each year in August.
- Once the team has the seasonal Inspire Kit, they may participate in unlimited expos for that particular season. Each August, the team must purchase the new Inspire Kit.
- Schools are encouraged to host an expo for their teams if there are no official expos being held close by. Schools are also welcome to host a school expo & also participate in an official expo, if available. Please download this Expo Guide to hosting an FLL Junior Expo!
Order Inspire Kit
- Cost: $50 per kit
- Register below to order kits and/or attend an Expo
- Mission Moon℠ Inspire sets are shipping now in New Zealand
- ALL Materials for the Mission Moon℠ Challenge: CLICK HERE
Register for an Expo
- 2018 Expos:
- Te Matauranga, Auckland, – 16 November 2018
- 2019 Expos:
- Queenstown – Term 1 2019, Date TBC
*There is no additional cost to attend an expo. Contact us if you would like to host your own Expo.